Friday, September 14, 2007

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I'm back!
Apologies for the lonnnnnnnng absence, it was travel and generally not cooking.

Here's something I stole from the back of the lid of a tin of oats, and the end result was fabulous! Though I must say, who says oatmeal raisin cookies are healthy???



  • 1 cup butter, I prefer salted cos I like the salted taste. Softened.
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar. The original calls for 1 brown and 1/2 white. I find it doesn't make a difference.
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups wholewheat flour
  • 3 cups oats, the normal "old fashioned" kind
  • 1 cup raisins. Heck make it 1 1/2
  • 1 tsp baking SODA
Beat butter and sugar till fluffy/creamy/however you like it. I find it really doesn't make a difference and when you're using a fork.... Add eggs. I advise beating them a bit in a separate bowl before adding. Add vanilla essence. Add flour and baking soda and mix well. Fold in oats and raisins. You might want to use fingers at some point, it's fun. Gooey, but fun. Lay out on ungreased but nonstick baking sheet and bung in the oven at 350F for 15 min. The original said 10-12 min, but since i like my cookies large and cooked I played it by ear.

Eat! Take to a Mets game! Cram into mouth while reading murder mysteries! You get my drift...

No comments: