Apologies for the lonnnnnnnng absence, it was travel and generally not cooking.
Here's something I stole from the back of the lid of a tin of oats, and the end result was fabulous! Though I must say, who says oatmeal raisin cookies are healthy???
- 1 cup butter, I prefer salted cos I like the salted taste. Softened.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar. The original calls for 1 brown and 1/2 white. I find it doesn't make a difference.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups wholewheat flour
- 3 cups oats, the normal "old fashioned" kind
- 1 cup raisins. Heck make it 1 1/2
- 1 tsp baking SODA
Eat! Take to a Mets game! Cram into mouth while reading murder mysteries! You get my drift...